100 days over, already?
Time indeed flies. I'm not talking about 100 days new government in our Sub-continent, but about my MBA at a premium Business School
Is there a report card? Few highlights are:
Promise: I'll keep this as crisp as possible
1. There is definitely a change in perspective after coming a long way from being a workman many years ago, graduate to an officer, and to maintain a resolve which would enable me to head as a responsible business leader in the future
2. One always notices many people slogging it out, burning midnight oil and sometimes becoming easily irritable when under stress or self-imagined-high-pressure. With all due respect to the aspirants who want to land in as the cherry (not icing) of the cake, I'm in no mood for all this and would settle to be near the mean of the curve when it comes to academics (hint: marks) and would love to enjoy this wonderful gift. Refer to the curve to choose your desired performance level.
NP: "Time" by Pink Floyd:
5. Coming to the trivial stuff, one gets to know that the month has passed only when the washer-man comes asks for monthly charges. Also its always a trade-off when you have only 24 hours (actually as per Aryabhata its less than 24) in a day when you have multiple things to be done at the same time in a.....
.... Premium Business School (you guessed it right)
6. One common pitfall or answer to avoid is "it depends" which I've been able to carry off well. Should I elaborate this in the near future? It depends!
7. I dread the 23:59:59 deadline of assignments, group projects and take home exams because I intend to sleep well before that.
8. Kobayashi Maru (reference: Star Trek)
10. Real life skills to be still improved upon is patience, tolerance and risk-management
11. A typical day would contain going through the concepts and practical applications of Monte Carlo simulation used in derivative markets, Du pont analysis of Financial results, Lean for service operations, Elements of marketing research, Human Resource Planning and game theory dynamics in Vickery auction of micro economics. Did I forget to mention case study competitions, club / committee work, group projects? Oh, the list would go on and on. Finally it would also attract the term "All is well."
And the most hilarious one:
12. Suffer fools gladly!
My dream for our mother earth:
"For a better world and realization of our utopian dream, we need to make our anger and happiness cheaper"
Are you game?
PS: Premium Business School